Text    Map    Google Map

    The first official notice about Matejovce is from the year 1251. The village was named probably according to one of its patrons - it can be inferred from the sign from the 15-th century. The village was a member of the Spiš Sas community. Between 1412 and 1772 it was (as a part of a deposit) given to the Polish King Zigmund as counter-value for the financial loan.
    Originally, local population consisted of farmers. A significant change came in 1845, when Karol August Scholz founded a manufactory making horse combs. Enamel producing company was opened in 1903. There has been a factory producing automatic washing machines in Matejovce since 1969.
    The most important cultural monument in the village is a gothic church of St. Stephan King, built in the first half of the 14-th century.

NOTE: Administrative part of the town Poprad.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy